Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Little book for the school

School is almost out in El Bruc and I figured out what I could contribute to the community. My visit to Sitges has been in my mind since we left. I have been thinking of how beautiful places, things, music and activity bring us together. Our friend Helen, a poet from Australia has also inspired me with her work. Her experience here and observation of nature is reflected in her poetry. 
So, I've written and illustrated a little book Seven Days of a Snail by the Sea in Sitges Spain and will donate this to the school.  Karine and Mertxe who speak and write Catalan will help me translate. 
Cover
Day one make a friend
Day Two go for a boat ride
Day three
Order a tuna salad and Fanta
Day four Sit under the shade on a cloth from India
Day five Watch a man build a sculpture of a turtle with sand
Day six Go for a swim by the shore
Day seven Visit the church of St. Barthlomew and St. Tecla














No comments:

Post a Comment